Only a few IT personnel entered a password when prompted by an online survey

Study: NCC Group Security Survey
Date: October 21 2003

The survey questioned over 150 people to assess how vulnerable the IT systems of UK business and public sector organisations actually are. The final question in the survey asked respondents to enter their password to be included in a prize draw. Despite the fact that this information would give a hacker open-access to private IT networks, an incredible 15% of people opted to give their password, before the online survey pointed out their mistake. Comment:
Pete Jones of Newbury shared a funny comment after reading the study results: "Surely the 15% are the clever ones (assuming they gave false passwords) - the other 85% couldn't even make up a word in order to be entered into the prize draw."

<-- Back to Authentication Statistic Index

[Home] [About Us] [News] [Research]

Copyright © 2017